Saturday, March 25, 2006

Silver

This is to mark my 25th entry on LifeStrings...and in a way, it's also my way of moving on from Presley's demise. Writing about him on the ol' blog was difficult and so was the task of coming back to it, but if there's one thing that life has taught me, its that every now and then you have to take that deep breath, shut your eyes and release the past as you release the air you've been holding in.

"25" reminds me...recently, my parents celebrated their Silver Anniversary...now that was something! 25 years of togetherness, love, sharing and learning...of watching lives take birth and shape before their eyes. One day to celebrate that was not nearly enough, but when I look at them, I really feel that through every joyous moment, every shared sorrow, every resolved quarrel and every little joke, there is a common thread of strength and hope. To me, that is the real celebration. Someday, I hope you all experience this with someone wonderful by your side. God Bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is by far the sweetest thing Ive ever read. Hope you take some inspiration from your parents and some day, find someone...ahem ahem....fun!