Friday, December 16, 2005

Have We Met?

I believe that as we progress through this life, we meet many people who were known to us in previous births. Sometimes the person is someone whom we were deeply attached to and when this happens there is a strange but welcome feeling of connectedness, warmth and affiliation, even if we are meeting for the very first time. This little poem is dedicated to such occasions:

- - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - --- - - - - - - - - - - - -- -

Have we met before?
You feel strangely familiar...

I feel at ease in your company...safe...comforted...
Your smile makes old shadows flicker in my mind...dancing to ancient songs and laughter...
Your voice urges me to remember, even though your words speak of other things.

Why do I feel a bond between us?
You reach out to me like none other can...

When you look at me, I see glimmers in your eyes...older than your human years...
When we find hundreds of little similarities between us, they all seem to fit just so...
And already you seem to know me better than most others.

Have we met before?
You feel strangely familiar...

No comments: