Tuesday, November 25, 2008

LifeStrings Turns Three

I just realised that LifeStrings is now 3 years old! :)

It came as a pleasant surprise just a few moments ago, when I looked at the links on the right panel of this window and counted the number of "Novembers". 

I also realised, with no small measure of satisfaction, how much LifeStrings has come to mean to me... and how I have always returned to it, even when there were long breaks from writing. 

There is something liberating about being able to express my thoughts... to just let my fingers tap away on the keyboard and to see my ideas take shape in the form of letters that materialise on the screen. From my experience, the written word is at times much stronger and enduring that the spoken one. It lets me 'see' the thought even as I 'hear' it in my mind... and it allows me to observe patterns in my ideas, feelings, becoming a means for me to almost track my development as an individual.

There are over eighty posts on LifeStrings today... and as I look back at them I feel nothing but a sense of the utmost gratitude to life, for having taught me precious lessons in the form of everything that inspired these posts. Each narrative encloses within it a little insight that came to me (usually in quite a random, coincidental way), but added immeasurable value to my perspective. 

As I think ahead and look forward to more insights to document here, I want to thank everyone who has appreciated LifeStrings and encouraged me to write more. There are so many comments people left on my posts that made the world of a difference to me. And thank YOU for taking the time to read this. I do hope we will continue to share our insights, experiences and feelings through my blog, as the days roll by. 

God Bless! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 3rd Birthday!

It has been a delight to read your posts (although I'll admit I haven't commented much).

Keep up the good work!

Cheers!