Saturday, November 04, 2006

Blessed

I'm incredibly pleased to say that LifeStrings is one year old today! :)

Last year, on this very day, I discovered the Way of the Blog and signed on as an ardent follower. There's been no looking back since. LifeStrings is here to stay (unless the Internet or blogger.com cease to exist...in which case I have a back-up of all my posts anyway!). Incidentally, I also turned twenty-four a few days back, so there are two birthdays that I'm celebrating through this post.

Birthdays always excite me. The parties and the good food are definitely big attractions, but more than that it's the fact that we celebrate the life of someone we care about, and we thank the Universe for the day in which this person came out into the world and our lives. When I celebrate my birthday, what I'm happiest about is that I've completed another year in the company of the most amazing people, learnt several more of life's innumerable lessons and moved a little further along the path of completion. I'm just so thankful for the fact that there are so many people for me to share love with and there are countless reasons for me to smile... :) I'm blessed and I would shout it from the rooftops if I could...who knows, perhaps I will someday!

When I started with LifeStrings, I was not very certain about how long it would last. I took it as an exercise in creative writing which I would terminate whenever I got bored of it. Little did I know what I was getting into! Before I knew it, LifeStrings had becomes and entity by itself. It became the physical manifestation of a part of me that I didn't voice as much as I would have liked...and in the process it taught me how to voice this even in the "real world"! I cannot tell you how many times I've gained wonderful insights on my existence while listening to the tapping of my fingers on the keyboard. Similarly, so many people have enriched my sense of self with the comments that they left on my posts...they encouraged me to write more because they felt a connection with my ideas. What I felt in turn, is that a deep-seated part of my being was now connected to so many like-minded souls. The world shrank most remarkably and my life grew still brighter!

So, if you're reading this, thank you for being a part of my life...even if we've never met, LifeStrings connects us and you get a glimpse of my inner world in this way. It doesn't matter if you leave a comment or not (although I would be glad to read your thoughts!)...I want to thank you for just being there.

God Bless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

VIR,BLESSED YOU ARE FOR SURE;YOU DONT BELONG TO MASS
[I KNOW OF A PERSON WITH SIMILAR THOUGHT PROCESSING HAS TURNEDOUT TO BE A YOGI;AS YOUNG HE SURE IS GUIDING MILLIONS] YOUR POSITIVITY AND SINCERITY DEFINATELY WOULD TOUCH MANY.CONGRATS ON TURNING 24..

Anonymous said...

Had to say that you go into the intricacies of meaning very literally.Diwali is about feeling, colour laughter, light, food - all of this and loss. The loss of somebody who used to share these special days is again - specially felt. May you never feel it:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Vir...I'm responding to the comment that Deepika left on your blog. Although I know that she commented on the wrong post, I wanted to respond in the same place for the sake of continuity!

From my viwepoint, your view on Diwali is completely non-tradional and goes beyond the mundane associations that we people have for Diwali (the lights, fun, food etc.). That stuff is great, for sure, but you've spoken about something more i.e. hope, knowledge, enlightenment. That's a different take on the scenario. Personally I don't think u've gone into anything so literally!