Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Two Poems

A couple of poems...the first was written to express a part of what it feels like to channel Reiki and the second is about the Raaga Malkauns, which is the second Raaga that I my Guru taught me (it's a pentatonic melody of midnight and is noted for it's serious and majestic flavour)...it's always been one of my favourites.


Alone with the Universe

Holding you thus, I wonder...often...anew...,
What chance was it that brought you to me?
Or was it me to you...I can never tell...

Coursing through me, dancing with my heartbeat,
You are a raging river; the gentle zephyr,
The laughter in birdsong; the sages’ silence...

Where did you come from? Were you always here?
They say it is all an illusion...it will all fade...
But if it does, you will still be here...always...

It seems strange to me, in these few moments,
To know of no other emotion than bliss...bliss unending…
Is this much joy really possible?…and I know this to be but a drop!

Why do I always ask the questions?
I think it is only to see you smile the answers at me…
Holding you thus, I wonder no more…I realize…I know
__________________________________________________________

Malkauns

Midnight sways at your command and the very skies pay obeisance,
The ocean lulls herself into a gentle accompaniment of your song,
And the restless wind calms himself, wary of disturbing your thoughts.

Kailasa, the eternal, stirs at your touch, full of devotion,
And Shiva, your father awakens to your call, O Malkauns, monarch of songs.
______________________________________________________________

No comments: