Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Hi!

Welcome to LifeStrings, my first attempt at blogging. Those who know me well are pretty certain that I'm not exactly tech-savvy, so they won't be surprised when they read that I've only just discovered what a Blog is, thanks to my uncle Arunav, who, despite 'advancing age' (no offence! :D) and a very busy schedule, is probably one of the most well informed people I know. He told me about this very interesting concept, so here goes!

Why LifeStrings? The idea for the name occurred to me when I saw my tanpura (a 4 stringed, lute-like instrument used to provide the drone while singing Hindustani Classical Music). Each string of the tanpura is plucked in a sequence to establish the perfect scale and atmosphere for the singer. The most basic kind has 4 strings, but artistes add more strings to the instrument according to their needs. The result is always a beautiful and almost hypnotic sound. What attracts me to this instrument is that each string is essential and related to the others...rather like my life. With time and God's grace, several facets of my life have developed a relatedness that I am deeply appreciative of. These are my LifeStrings...the elements that create the music in my life. I could list them all, but that would take far too long...so let me just mention a few favourites : Music, Spirituality and alternative healing, Psychology and my family/friends. Each is a profound source of learning for me, and this Blog will be my way of sharing this learning with anyone who cares to read it.

If you're interested, look out for more posts on these subjects and more. I'd love to hear from you.

Peace!

Vir

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) Vir, its rhtmic..melodic...one an sense and feel it..your passion for life and the way you feel..thanks for sharing
love
Sonali